Thursday, November 5, 2009

Political Stability

Just kidding.

I wanted to see if I could make a post wherein nobody commented. 

It's not self sabatoge...just an experiment.

There is an interesting woman running for the Senate in my state of California.  She is the former President of Hewlett Packard. I catered an international party for them when I was 21.
a
She was fired and given a 21 million dollar golden parachute.

She's running against Barbara Boxer, who I like... but don't know why.  I like the way she looks. Yes, I AM that shallow.

She points out that Barbara has done little during her 17 year tenure but write books.  She comments that Barabara is generally on a book tour as opposed to doing anything meaningful in the Senate.

"Let's give Barbara her dream and make her a full-time novelist" she says.

People don't like her.  She's a woman with money and a novice to politics.

But I like her. She's gutsy. If she was able to survive in a male dominated computer manufacturing firm for even a year, I know what kind of woman she is: Ninja.

6 comments:

Lee said...

We have a lesbian running. Well, now she is in a run off with some other dude.

Menopausal New Mom said...

Ninja! Good analogy! I think I would vote for her too!

Charmaine said...

Lee - There is nothing wrong with lesbians. I'm thinking of becoming one. The only problem is...I don't like women. We're too complicated.

Menopausal New Mom - Ninjas...you have to love them.

Senorita said...

I live close to the HP headquarters in Palo Alto.

I remember reading about Carly Fiornina a lot in the papers. I think I will read more about her run. I think I would like her too.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Yeah, everyone loves to hate the cut-throat women, right? Same characteristics we value in a man.
Go for it.

Charmaine said...

Senorita, I admire you more and more each day.