My buddy, Shakespeares Housekeeper, just nominated me to share the five reasons that life is "grand".
I'm only doing it because she talks funny. (She's in England.)
She uses words like, "knickers".
I can't resist a person who says, "knickers".
Okay. Damn-it. Life IS grand because...
1. I have the most beautiful nephews and niece in the history of the world. I never married, hence, never had children. I get to know these little people who love me despite the fact I never had an episiotomy.
2. I'm old. I'm pushing 50 and that means I can say whatever I want. That's grand.
3. I love my baby sister. She never says it, but I know.
4. I'm not dead. That's always a plus.
5. I hate my neighbour. I'm not "nice" like Shakespeares Housekeeper. If the bastard, who lives in the 5 million dollar mansion behind me, blocks my car again...I'm gonna hit it. He had the audacity to place a sign on MY garage that said, "No parking". Oddly, he is the ONLY one who parks there.
It's life. It's grand.